Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Travailing.

So much has changed and happened, all just within a span of days. My parents are back, and safe from the States. The flu hit the church. And I received yet another piece of news that whacked me right where it hurt, not for myself, but for a friend and her family. 

Travailing isn't easy, especially when you get hit in your spirit, where it hurts and where it's vulnerable. Fear, uncertainty, worry, pain. 

But I refuse to believe that God isn't here. I refuse to believe that He doesn't have a hand in this, because He does! I've been sensing and moved to praise, worship, surrender and to thank. 

Do I still, now that a life has been lost? 

Is it easy to do? I don't think so. If we think we have it hard, how does God deal? Just how does He handle?

I learned that pain is temporal. But I also recognise that when it hurts, it hurts.

Travail. To labour. Travail. To intercede. Travail

I refuse to live a faithless life. I refuse to give in and be incredibly emotional though I have the right. And I refuse to let the devil have a foothold. 

So I'll cry a little.. But I'll travail, because I know my God is greater than pain. He's greater than circumstance. He deserves to be praised, all the same. No compromise. 

SK1, don't lose momentum okay? We may not have seen each other in awhile, but I'm praying for our spirits to be bonded and firmly entangled in Christ. Love you girls. 

To my family, thank you for being the uplifters - My smile-makers. Mom and Dad, I'm thankful that you're both safe and healthy. And Nicky, I'm praying you'll stay healthy over in Melbourne. But I also know you'll have a great time there! 

Soldiers, it's not time for retreat. It's time for battle. Can you hear the sound of revival? It's coming.. It's coming. And God, You're already here. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home